Privacy & Data Protection Policy
1. MacroPolis Ltd (hereinafter “the Company”) shall collect personal data of the visitors/ users (hereinafter “data subjects”) which is necessary, relevant and appropriate in relation to the objectives pursued by the Company.
The legal basis for collecting and processing such personal data is the data subject’s consent, the performance of a contract with the data subject and compliance with law.
The Company, following the principle of data minimization, collects the following personal data:
a) Data that the data subject provides the Company with during the subscription and sign up process: name, surname, e-mail address, industry, postal address, phone number, mobile number, debit card details.
b) Data obtained from the use of the Company’s services by the data subject by means of cookies, including the data subject’s IP address, data subject’s browsing history of the site and data collected by the user profile page.
The objectives pursued by the Company are legitimate, including the following:
a) The data subject’s access to the services provided by the Company (hereinafter “the Service”). The Company also uses the personal data for related internal administrative purposes - such as accounting and records - and to make the data subject aware of any changes to the Service. For more information of the Service provided please refer to Subscription Terms and Conditions.
c) The response to data subjects’ queries and the resolution of complaints.
d) Security and fraud prevention as well as safety and security of the Website and applications.
e) Compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
It is hereby stated that the Company will ask for the data subject’s explicit consent before using personal data for an objective different than those laid down in this policy agreement.
Users / visitors of the Website are solely responsible for the truth, accuracy and updating of the data they indicate when registering to the Subscription Service and are able to use sections (5) Statistics, (6) Charts, (7) Documents and (8) Newsletters which are not offered to the public for free access but instead access to them is part of the Subscription Service.
2. By accepting this Privacy and Data Protection Policy, users / visitors of the Website (data subjects) give explicit consent to the collection and processing of their personal data as well as the standard analysis of the subscribers’ usage, under the terms and conditions that are specifically analyzed in this Policy.
3. In compliance with the obligations arising from the Law 2472/1997 as amended and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter “General Data Protection Regulation”), the Company informs the data subjects about the following:
a) Contact details of the data Controller for the protection of personal data:
Registered Office: Nicosia, Cyprus
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Representative of the Controller: Yiannis Mouzakis
c) The personal data collected will solely be disclosed to the third ΙΤ company that stores these data in the backend and will not be disclosed to any other third party unless the Company is legally obliged to disclose it to natural or legal entities, the competent authorities, prosecutors and other administrative services in accordance with the rules and regulations laid down by the current legislative framework.
d) Each data subject has the right to request from the Controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. The above requests can be submitted at the electronic address email@example.com The Company will deal with the above requests within one month. If the request is complicated or if the data subject has made a large number of requests, it may take longer. The data subject will not have to pay a fee to obtain a copy of its personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, the Company may charge a reasonable fee if the request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
e) Each data subject has the right to withdraw consent at any time and unsubscribe, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. The data subject can opt-out at any time by either signing in to his/ her account to manage his/ her preferences or by sending a relevant e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Moreover, each email sent by the Company has a link to unsubscribe.
f) Each data subject has the right to lodge a complaint before the competent supervisory authority, i.e. before the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
g) The Company does not aim any of its products or services directly at children under the age of 15 and does not knowingly collect personal data about children under 15. Minors under the age of 15 have access to the Website/ The Service only with the consent of parents / guardians and are not required to disclose their personal information.
h) The Company processes personal data on its servers in Greece. The Company may process in the future personal data on a server which is not in the country in which the data subject resides, but in any case within E.U.
4. The Company collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of the data subject. Once this information is available to the Company, the data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
5. Users' personal data is protected and managed in accordance with the conditions and rules of Greek law and in particular Law n.2472/1997 as amended, the General Data Protection Regulation and Law n. 3471/2006 and the Company strictly follows all the rules adopted by the relevant legislative framework including relevant provisions of European law.
6. In the case of "links" to other sites, the Company is not responsible for the management and protection of personal data policy these other sites apply. Moreover, the Company has no responsibility in cases when the data subject communicates and / or declares personal data and / or general information and / or data relating to the websites of third parties on which he/she acquires access or to which he/she is referred through The Website / by The Company.